Search for Fillipino Article

Custom Search

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Who I Am by Christine T. del Mundo IV-A

History has clothed me with a blanket of white,
Conservative and prim to everybody’s sight.
My past has wrapped me with an image of purity,
Chaste, meek, and innocent is what I ought to be…

But am I still the silent angel whose wings are clipped at home?
Who knows nothing but household chores?
Am I still the young lady who cannot follow her heart?
Whose beauty is brought by dowry and by right?

If I am no longer that lady… what am I now in this world?
Am I a lost little girl, who shall shiver in the cold?
The frozen past has come to me, concealing me in ice further still,
Here now is a lady who takes up arms at will.

What has my present laid upon my lap, makes me more different?
These ladies around me have broken my wings and wound so sore
Chastity has been erased from a vocabulary which is limited
To the ideas of pleasure and fun.. they are cut with modernity, hearts bled.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lola: iho, ako ay isinumpa, isa akong prinsesa, ngunit kung ako’y iyong gagahasain. Babalik ako sa maganda kong anyo at tuluyang mapuputol ang sumpa! ..makaraan ang ilang saglit… Lalaki: ayan, tapos na. bakit hindi ka pa nagpapalit ng anyo? Lola: ilang taon ka na iho? Lalaki: 30 na ho. Lola: iyang tanda mong iyan, naniniwala ka pa sa fairytale?