Search for Fillipino Article

Custom Search

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Please Hear What I Am Not Saying


Don't be fooled by me.
Don't be fooled by the face I wear
for I wear a mask, a thousand masks,
masks that I'm afraid to take off,
and none of them is me.

Pretending is an art that's second nature with me,
but don't be fooled,
for God's sake don't be fooled.
I give you the impression that I'm secure,
that all is sunny and unruffled with me, within as well
as without,
that confidence is my name and coolness my game,
that the water's calm and I'm in command
and that I need no one,
but don't believe me.
Please!


I dislike hiding.
I dislike the superficial games
The superficial phony games.
I'd really like to be genuine and spontaneous and me
but I need your help
Your hand to hold
Even though my mask would tell you,
Otherwise,

It will not be easy for you
Long felt inadequacies make my defense strong
The nearer you approach to me
the blinder I may strike back.
despite what the books say about man
I am irrational.
I fight against the very thing that I cry out for.
You wonder Who I am?
You shouldn't
For I am every man and every woman who wears a masks
Don't be fooled by me
Atleast not by the face i wear...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lola: iho, ako ay isinumpa, isa akong prinsesa, ngunit kung ako’y iyong gagahasain. Babalik ako sa maganda kong anyo at tuluyang mapuputol ang sumpa! ..makaraan ang ilang saglit… Lalaki: ayan, tapos na. bakit hindi ka pa nagpapalit ng anyo? Lola: ilang taon ka na iho? Lalaki: 30 na ho. Lola: iyang tanda mong iyan, naniniwala ka pa sa fairytale?